Elevate Community Church.
Elevate Community Church (ECC), and subsequently referred to as ECC therien, is a registered charity, our address is South Circular Road, Limerick City.
As part of our due care and diligence and in order to comply with our responsibilities under the General Data Protection Regulations 2016, we have an obligation to ensure we are clear with how your data is handled while in our possession. This policy provides details on what information and data we collect from our members, attendees, volunteers and supporters in relation to our core activities.
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are We?
ECC are the “data controller” meaning we take care of the data you share with us and as such we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
We comply with our obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Day to day administration of ECC and associated ministries such as our weekly meetings, small groups, events and conferences, children's and youth programs, all aspects of pastoral care
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications where relevant);
- To help manage all financial giving including tithes, offerings, & general fundraising;
- To gather vital information to gain a better understanding of church demographics, community needs and help shape policy, development and growth;
- To inform you of ECC news, events, activities, and services.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and keep you informed about Church events.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to Gift Aid or under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided:
- the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes);
- and there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with relevant Staff and Ministry/Leaders of ECC in order to carry out a service to other church members or for purposes connected with the church. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the church with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will keep your personal information for only as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. Some information has legal requirements for retention, for instance information associated with Gift Aid declarations which must be retained for 7 years. Should you ask us not to contact you, we will need to keep some limited basic information about you to enable us to comply with your request.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which ECC hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Administrator of ECC: email@example.com.
Supervisory Authority (Ire):
Data Protection Commissioner, +353 57 8684800; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington R32 AP23 Co. Laois